Successful engagement of your digital commerce customers means you need to deliver an experience that works well across all channels – especially in mobile. Why does the mobile experience matter? Here are just a couple of reasons:
- Mobile commerce grew 47% in 2016, significantly outpacing growth in traditional eCommerce and brick-and-mortar retail1
- Google places more importance on mobile versions of sites for indexing and ranking2
For merchants considering an upgrade to Magento 2, there are out-of-the box features to make your site mobile responsive and optimize your site for organic search.
Step 2: Review Magento 2 templates to jump-start UX design
Magento 2 provides responsive, out-of-the-box design templates that can drastically reduce front-end UX/UI design efforts and costs. Whether your company is considered startup, mid-market, or enterprise, the underlying themes provide a framework that will optimize your site for SEO and mobile. And, with the ability to drop your content into one of two standard themes, the information is ready to go and will present well on both desktop and mobile devices.
Additionally, upgrading your platform will temporarily affect your site’s organic search performance. SEO considerations should be made prior to launching the site, so here are a few things you can do:
- Plan – Understand how you want your site to perform after launch and plan accordingly
- Know – Inventory your site’s features/capabilities that you want to protect and determine areas for improvement
- Test – Understand how search engines will view your site so there are no surprises
Learn more about how to prepare for your Magento 2 upgrade in our guide, The Ultimate Magento 2 Upgrade Checklist: Four Steps to a Successful Move.
Included within the guide is a comprehensive, actionable checklist to help you through the process that will keep your project on track while allowing you to reap the benefits of out-of-the-box features at a budget-friendly cost.
Or, if you’re ready to make the move to Magento 2, contact us for a personalized assessment. You’ll receive:
- An understanding of how Magento 2 will help your business
- An evaluation of your existing Magento site, including site performance, high-severity issues, and missing Magento patches
- Diagnostic tools to estimate time and resources needed to upgrade
1 “Cross-Platform Future in Focus 2017,” comScore
2 “What Google’s Mobile-First Index Means for Your SEO Strategy, Forbes