In 2018, Perficient acquired Stone Temple Consulting, an award-winning Boston-based $9 million annual revenue digital marketing agency. Read more about the acquisition here, and below you’ll find blog posts by our digital marketing experts from Stone Temple.
For the fifth straight year, we searched the 1.4 million search queries to measure the state of featured snippets. The goal was to look at a large number of queries that have potential to generate a featured snippet. We then looked at how many of these produced results, as well as how these results have changed over time.
Personalization makes it a lot more likely for a customer to buy from you even if they originally didn’t intend to. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge and Lisa Sherwood explain why personalization can unlock customer loyalty and how you can apply it to your digital marketing strategy. Don’t miss a single episode … Read more
A SparkToro survey of more than 1,500 digital marketers revealed a wide range of opinions and views on Google ranking factors and whether or not Google’s statements about them are true or provably false. On November 7, 2019, Eric Enge (General Manager, Perficient Digital) and Rand Fishkin (Founder, SparkToro) presented a webinar, What Google Says vs. What SEOs Believe. They discussed the survey’s … Read more
SEO professionals always make sure that the websites they work on have created pages for all the high-volume keywords. But is it good enough? In this episode of the popular Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric explains why you need to stop writing content only for high-volume keywords. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s Why. Click the … Read more
Google announced a major algorithm update, BERT, on October 25, 2019. The update will affect 10% of searches and make the search landscape better for everyone. How will it make search better, and what does this update mean for you? Watch as Eric Enge, Digital Marketing Manager at Perficient Digital, and Jessica Peck, Marketing Technology Associate at Perficient Digital, discuss … Read more
SMX East, the largest East Coast gathering of SEO and SEM professionals, is happening in New York from November 12-14, 2019. We are pleased to announce that for the third year in a row Eric Enge, Digital Marketing General Manager at Perficient Digital and 2018 Drum US Search Awards Search Marketer of the Year, has been asked to present the … Read more
We are pleased to present the 2019 update to our Digital Personal Assistants accuracy study. In this latest edition of the study, we tested 4,999 queries on seven different devices: • Alexa • Echo Show • Cortana • Google Assistant on Google Home • Google Assistant on Google Home Hub • Google Assistant on a Smartphone • Siri In the … Read more
Google just announced two major additions to AMP that will help developers’ jobs become easier in improving the mobile experience for site visitors. In this episode of the popular Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric shares some of AMP’s new features and why you should learn about them. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s Why. Click the … Read more
Customers come into our door with expectations. Do you have everything to meet those expectations? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Jim Hertzfeld, Perficient Digital’s Principal for Digital Strategy and Innovation, joins Eric Enge and explains why search marketers need to have empathy for customers and how it impacts their business. Don’t miss a single … Read more
As marketers, we are supposed to have certain qualities in order to be successful in our careers. What about mindset? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, we welcome Mark Traphagen back for the episode as he explains why marketers need a content mindset. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s Why. Click the subscribe … Read more
Most Read Posts
Enjoy some of our posts that get the most attention and readers:
- Google SEO Certification: Why Doesn’t It Exist?
- How Google’s Search Results Work: Crawling, Indexing and Ranking
- How Are People Using Facebook? Survey of 325 Users
- Keyword Cannibalization and SEO: What You Need to Know
- Does Google Respect Robots.txt NoIndex and Should You Use It?
- How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
- Ranking Videos on Google and YouTube: Study Shows How They Differ
- How Many Pages Should Your Website Have? – Hardcore Marketing Video
- Does AMP Improve Rankings, Engagement, and Conversion?
- Does Author Authority Matter for Your Content and SEO?
- How Long Until Google Honors My Website Changes?
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and SEO
- The Complete Guide to Hreflang
- 15 Crucial Elements of an Informative SEO Audit
- Does Google Use Online Brand Mentions for Search Ranking?
- Rating the Smarts of the Digital Personal Assistants
- PR and Search Engine Optimization: What PR Professionals Need to Know
- Semantic Search and SEO: Everything You Need to Know
- Does Google Use Chrome to Discover New URLs for Crawling?
- How Much Does Google Index Twitter in 2018?