In 2018, Perficient acquired Stone Temple Consulting, an award-winning Boston-based $9 million annual revenue digital marketing agency. Read more about the acquisition here, and below you’ll find blog posts by our digital marketing experts from Stone Temple.
Many Digital Marketers focus on content creation as an SEO tactic. But have we ever considered if that content would satisfy the readers? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eve Sangenito joins Eric Enge to explain why a lot of SEOs get content wrong. They also share the right approach for content creation in SEO. … Read more
Here are some rough notes on a conversation that occurred among some really smart people on the Twitter account of my boss, Eric Enge. Eric posted an article of mine (Google at 20: A Shift from Text to Images), which sparked this discussion: Following the comments from Malte Landwehr and Cindy Krum, Aleyda Solis added, “In the recent @crawlingmondays interview … Read more
Google consistently changes search features as a way to improve user satisfaction. For search marketers, we wonder how those search features affect user’s organic click-through rate behavior. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge reveals insights from his first-ever public study on Google SERP features and click-through rates. Don’t miss a single episode of … Read more
This study presents information on how Google’s move toward implementing search features is impacting click-through behavior in the search results. To our knowledge, this will be the first such study that marries actual rankings data with real clickstream data. Our partner in this project was AuthorityLabs Data Services. They identified 2M queries to track the spread across five different markets … Read more
On March 12, 2019, a Google Broad Core Algorithm Update caused an instant 30% loss in sessions from organic search for an ecommerce website. In response, the site reduced its internal link graph from millions of pages to a couple of thousand by removing noindex filter and facet pages. A sharp recovery began with the September 24, 2019, Broad Core … Read more
“Ok! Google” or “Alexa!” are not just voice commands. They can also drive your business. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge and Tristan Smith explain why Voice Apps, like Google Actions or Alexa Skills, can drive your business. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s Why. Click the subscribe button below to be … Read more
For the fifth straight year, we searched the 1.4 million search queries to measure the state of featured snippets. The goal was to look at a large number of queries that have potential to generate a featured snippet. We then looked at how many of these produced results, as well as how these results have changed over time.
Personalization makes it a lot more likely for a customer to buy from you even if they originally didn’t intend to. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge and Lisa Sherwood explain why personalization can unlock customer loyalty and how you can apply it to your digital marketing strategy. Don’t miss a single episode … Read more
A SparkToro survey of more than 1,500 digital marketers revealed a wide range of opinions and views on Google ranking factors and whether or not Google’s statements about them are true or provably false. On November 7, 2019, Eric Enge (General Manager, Perficient Digital) and Rand Fishkin (Founder, SparkToro) presented a webinar, What Google Says vs. What SEOs Believe. They discussed the survey’s … Read more
SEO professionals always make sure that the websites they work on have created pages for all the high-volume keywords. But is it good enough? In this episode of the popular Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric explains why you need to stop writing content only for high-volume keywords. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s Why. Click the … Read more
Most Read Posts
Enjoy some of our posts that get the most attention and readers:
- Google SEO Certification: Why Doesn’t It Exist?
- How Google’s Search Results Work: Crawling, Indexing and Ranking
- How Are People Using Facebook? Survey of 325 Users
- Keyword Cannibalization and SEO: What You Need to Know
- Does Google Respect Robots.txt NoIndex and Should You Use It?
- How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
- Ranking Videos on Google and YouTube: Study Shows How They Differ
- How Many Pages Should Your Website Have? – Hardcore Marketing Video
- Does AMP Improve Rankings, Engagement, and Conversion?
- Does Author Authority Matter for Your Content and SEO?
- How Long Until Google Honors My Website Changes?
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and SEO
- The Complete Guide to Hreflang
- 15 Crucial Elements of an Informative SEO Audit
- Does Google Use Online Brand Mentions for Search Ranking?
- Rating the Smarts of the Digital Personal Assistants
- PR and Search Engine Optimization: What PR Professionals Need to Know
- Semantic Search and SEO: Everything You Need to Know
- Does Google Use Chrome to Discover New URLs for Crawling?
- How Much Does Google Index Twitter in 2018?