In 2018, Perficient acquired Stone Temple Consulting, an award-winning Boston-based $9 million annual revenue digital marketing agency. Read more about the acquisition here, and below you’ll find blog posts by our digital marketing experts from Stone Temple.
Implementing Google AMP can be a challenging task for many web developers. Great news! Google is working on a project that allows non-AMP pages to be treated like AMP Pages. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Ben Morss joins Eric Enge to give some insights on the work Google has been doing to help non-AMP pages … Read more
HTML has always been the skeleton of the web: fundamental to its function, usually hidden, missing in certain areas, and important not to break. This HTML and SEO guide is written focused semantic SEO and the technical alignment between HTML and content. Structured Data has been a hot topic issue in SEO this year (as it is many years), and … Read more
Website developers have seen some problems with analytics in AMP pages where bounce rate is high and there are artificially higher user and session counts. Now these problems have been solved, as Google has developed AMP Linker to help developers get accurate traffic reports. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, we welcome Google’s Ben Morss to … Read more
If you’ve looked at a page’s source (ctrl+u), opened up the inspector (ctrl+shift+I), or built a web page yourself, you’ve seen HTML in action. If so, this article is probably not for you – it’s more for marketers without this kind of technical background to get them up to speed on the rest of this series. Here’s a quick guide … Read more
On January 22, 2020, Google announced a change to the search results as it relates to featured snippets – and site publishers are worried about it means for their traffic. Watch and listen as Eric Enge, Principal at Perficient Digital, talks about the change and why it’s a good thing for users. Resources Impact of Search Features on CTR … Read more
Many Digital Marketers focus on content creation as an SEO tactic. But have we ever considered if that content would satisfy the readers? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eve Sangenito joins Eric Enge to explain why a lot of SEOs get content wrong. They also share the right approach for content creation in SEO. … Read more
Here are some rough notes on a conversation that occurred among some really smart people on the Twitter account of my boss, Eric Enge. Eric posted an article of mine (Google at 20: A Shift from Text to Images), which sparked this discussion: Following the comments from Malte Landwehr and Cindy Krum, Aleyda Solis added, “In the recent @crawlingmondays interview … Read more
Google consistently changes search features as a way to improve user satisfaction. For search marketers, we wonder how those search features affect user’s organic click-through rate behavior. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge reveals insights from his first-ever public study on Google SERP features and click-through rates. Don’t miss a single episode of … Read more
This study presents information on how Google’s move toward implementing search features is impacting click-through behavior in the search results. To our knowledge, this will be the first such study that marries actual rankings data with real clickstream data. Our partner in this project was AuthorityLabs Data Services. They identified 2M queries to track the spread across five different markets … Read more
On March 12, 2019, a Google Broad Core Algorithm Update caused an instant 30% loss in sessions from organic search for an ecommerce website. In response, the site reduced its internal link graph from millions of pages to a couple of thousand by removing noindex filter and facet pages. A sharp recovery began with the September 24, 2019, Broad Core … Read more
Most Read Posts
Enjoy some of our posts that get the most attention and readers:
- Google SEO Certification: Why Doesn’t It Exist?
- How Google’s Search Results Work: Crawling, Indexing and Ranking
- How Are People Using Facebook? Survey of 325 Users
- Keyword Cannibalization and SEO: What You Need to Know
- Does Google Respect Robots.txt NoIndex and Should You Use It?
- How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
- Ranking Videos on Google and YouTube: Study Shows How They Differ
- How Many Pages Should Your Website Have? – Hardcore Marketing Video
- Does AMP Improve Rankings, Engagement, and Conversion?
- Does Author Authority Matter for Your Content and SEO?
- How Long Until Google Honors My Website Changes?
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and SEO
- The Complete Guide to Hreflang
- 15 Crucial Elements of an Informative SEO Audit
- Does Google Use Online Brand Mentions for Search Ranking?
- Rating the Smarts of the Digital Personal Assistants
- PR and Search Engine Optimization: What PR Professionals Need to Know
- Semantic Search and SEO: Everything You Need to Know
- Does Google Use Chrome to Discover New URLs for Crawling?
- How Much Does Google Index Twitter in 2018?