In 2018, Perficient acquired Stone Temple Consulting, an award-winning Boston-based $9 million annual revenue digital marketing agency. Read more about the acquisition here, and below you’ll find blog posts by our digital marketing experts from Stone Temple.
Customers come into our door with expectations. Do you have everything to meet those expectations? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Jim Hertzfeld, Perficient Digital’s Principal for Digital Strategy and Innovation, joins Eric Enge and explains why search marketers need to have empathy for customers and how it impacts their business. Don’t miss a single … Read more
As marketers, we are supposed to have certain qualities in order to be successful in our careers. What about mindset? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, we welcome Mark Traphagen back for the episode as he explains why marketers need a content mindset. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s Why. Click the subscribe … Read more
Can you hear it? Voice is coming. With Google and Amazon both pushing smart home, voice-integrated devices, the growing usage of the Google Assistant and Siri apps, and Facebook developing their own Digital Personal Assistant, it’s hard to see a future where voice isn’t a key tool for user traffic. No integrated analytics tool allows you to track your voice app’s … Read more
User experience is becoming a part of SEO, but why does Google want to use it as a signal in their algorithm? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Brian Weiss explains how Google is using user experience to rank pages. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s Why. Click the subscribe button below to be notified … Read more
It’s widely known that links are a ranking factor, but is that still really important in SEO? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge explains why links remain critical to successful SEO and shares tips to get links to your websites. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s Why. Click the subscribe button below … Read more
We started with the theory that blogs are used as publishing platforms on many sites where they don’t make sense. The reason for this theory is that the majority of content published in blogs is evergreen content – and that two main components of a blog don’t work well with evergreen content. These components are: The site structure of a … Read more
The world of SEO is full of misconceptions and myths. Anyone can claim they’re a search expert and publish any theory, and then call it the latest, greatest search (or SEO) technique. Chasing these wild ideas can be a major waste of time, or worse, harmful to your business. On August 8, 2019, Eric Enge (General Manager, Perficient Digital) and Rand Fishkin (Founder, … Read more
Google makes numerous search algorithm updates each year. Those updates may affect our sites’ ranking one way or the other. But do we really know how? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Barry Schwartz, Search Engine Land’s News Editor, together with Eric Enge, explains different kinds of Google updates and why it is really important that … Read more
Recently, I reached out to a number of enterprise SEOs to poll them on the biggest issues that they face. Participants included senior SEO people from Fortune 500 companies and other large enterprises. The question was free-form, so each person was allowed to submit whatever they saw as their biggest issue. I then mapped their responses into different categories based … Read more
One of the hottest areas of machine learning is image recognition. There are many major players investing heavily in this technology, including Microsoft, IBM, Google, and Amazon. But which one does the best job? That is the question that we’ll seek to answer with this study. Image recognition engines covered in this study: Amazon AWS Rekognition Google Vision IBM Watson … Read more
Most Read Posts
Enjoy some of our posts that get the most attention and readers:
- Google SEO Certification: Why Doesn’t It Exist?
- How Google’s Search Results Work: Crawling, Indexing and Ranking
- How Are People Using Facebook? Survey of 325 Users
- Keyword Cannibalization and SEO: What You Need to Know
- Does Google Respect Robots.txt NoIndex and Should You Use It?
- How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
- Ranking Videos on Google and YouTube: Study Shows How They Differ
- How Many Pages Should Your Website Have? – Hardcore Marketing Video
- Does AMP Improve Rankings, Engagement, and Conversion?
- Does Author Authority Matter for Your Content and SEO?
- How Long Until Google Honors My Website Changes?
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and SEO
- The Complete Guide to Hreflang
- 15 Crucial Elements of an Informative SEO Audit
- Does Google Use Online Brand Mentions for Search Ranking?
- Rating the Smarts of the Digital Personal Assistants
- PR and Search Engine Optimization: What PR Professionals Need to Know
- Semantic Search and SEO: Everything You Need to Know
- Does Google Use Chrome to Discover New URLs for Crawling?
- How Much Does Google Index Twitter in 2018?